Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Favorite Things



Thought Id lighten the mood a bit and do a simple fun list of my favorite things..Kinda like Oprah's list however each of you aren't getting a car, ipod, camera, trip, whale, baby or anything else she may be able to get for you. I like to think of myself as a celebrity but lets face it...one look at my pay check and you'll note I'm clearly no Oprah.

I also love to hear about new things...new things to buy, websites to play on, shows to watch, places to shop etc...so feel free to comment and leave some of your faves too!

  • I love love LOVE feathered quilts. Ive had one since I was about 12 (different ones of course) and they are just like curling up on a cloud. I hate going new places that don't have one for me to sleep with so if its a trip longer then 2 nights I bring mine from home :-)

  • My sleep number bed and or a memory foam bed. I AM A BED SNOB. A whole trip can be ruined if the bed sucks. I mean how do you recover from a long day and wake up ready for a new one if you slept like shit? Beds are important people. I tried to make sure even my guest bed was comfy...Its called being considerate

  • Reality TV shows. I'm a sucker for anything that involves bitchy catty women, a good competition or just mindless smut. Some of my "cant miss" reality shows are...ANY & EVERY season of The Housewives; NY, OC, Beverly Hills, Atlanta, Jersey and now Miami...I love those women! Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, American pickers...these men crack me up and I really enjoy seeing someone pick through crap I don't have the balls to go looking through. I hate dirt, dust&bugs! Joan and Melissa...Mothers knows best. This is new and super cute. Joan Rivers is hysterical!!! Teen Mom 1&2, 16 and Pregnant (even though seeing 16 yr olds in that situation upsets me...I have to watch) Intervention, Hoarders, Pitt Boss, Pit Bulls and Parolees, Jersey Shore, Jerseylicious, Kamora etc...I love TV so this could go on all day

  • DVR...How did we live before DVR??? How did I ever get to watch all "my" shows? Man this device made my century!

  • GROUPON. seriously one of the BEST "deal" sites out there. They make so normal people can afford to do things they may otherwise not get to do.

  • Coffee...Coffee is key to me starting my day and at this point in my life yes its a vice and I need it to function.
  • Pit Bull rescues. I love everything pit bull. My Bella is 1/2 Pit and the best dog EVER! So sweet, loving, smart and loyal. As long as I live there will be a Pit in my house!
  • Riesling. I used to be a total red wine kinda girl but now this is my fave. plus no heart burn whoop whoop

  • anything for a baby girl. I love shopping for little girls. The things they have for them are so sweet and precious. plus anything pink is right up my alley

  • Chelsea Handler and Kathy Griffen. 2 funny ladies who always make me laugh. My mom and I got to see Kathy last year and I dont know if we've ever laughed so hard!

  • SUV's. I know their bad for the environment, carbon foot print blah blah blah but they are roomy, comfy on trips, get through snow and I like towering over other cars so an SUV will also always be a part of my adult life.

  • Gerber Daisy's...they are beautiful and I had them in my wedding.

  • black nail polish. Not "goth" style or anything but it just looks nice, matches everything and just like clothes do it makes the fingers look slimmer
  • Facebook...Keeps me updated, can picture stalk people, play games, fill people in on everything and anything at one time so I don't have to make 736352729 phone calls

  • Texting...what would a world without texting be like? I know we lived in it before but now its so common I just cant believe I had to pick up a phone just to say "running 5 mins late" or "pick up milk" therefor I have unlimited texting and average more then 3100 monthly...yes I'm proud of this :-)

  • Cards...I like giving them and getting them. They are a simple and sweet way to let someone know you're thinking of them...which leads me to....

  • Thank you notes...when you get a gift you give a thank you note PERIOD. Growing up the rule was "you cant spend it, wear it, play with it or eat it till a thank you note is written"

  • Farkle...Its a game you play with dice. You can play with a group of people or on the Internet (how I usually play) its a fast game so you can play whether you have 5mins or 5 hours
  • Kissing in the car. Its free, fun and romantic. I love when my husband leans over for no reason and just kisses me. Could be a soft peck or a passionate one like the kind when you are first dating and you realize theres chemistry and all you do is kiss. so sweet

  • people.com I have this need to know whats going on all the time. Even if I don't know you I like to know. Call me nosey...I like to call it being considerate of those around you lol


  • Rice Krispy Treats Cereal. Its hard to find! I order it from Amizon.com and its cheaper anyway. Its awesome!!!

  • Off Broadway Plays. This is something Ive also turned the hubby onto. Some of our Faves are: Rock of Ages, RENT, Wicked, Young Frankenstein & Avenue Q. I think Its important to be cultured and we want to carry this over to our children as well

  • Museums...There are so many interesting things to look at and usually its free!

  • The Beach. I love the water!! Laying in the sand, being on a boat, playing in the waves...all of it is so relaxing and fun. I look forward to our family trips to The Outer Banks NC EVERY year. Whats better then being on vacation at a beautiful beach in an amazing house with people you love?!

  • 80's movies. I love everything 80's! Some of my faves and must see's for everyone are: Pretty in Pink, About Last Night, St Elmos Fire, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Back to the Future (but only 1&2), Claras heart, Teen Wolf, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Splash

  • Favorite movie of all time is probably Steel Magnolias "Well you know what they say; If you don't have anything nice to say come sit by me"

I think Ill keep this open as kinda a running list. Anytime I come across something I really love Ill add it in. Hope you all found a few things on here you never heard of and try it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment