Thursday, February 17, 2011

Time to give Thanks






For me like most people we have a core group of people in our lives who are our "go to people." They help us through tough times, support us, comfort us and guide us. I wanted to take a moment to just thank those special people in my life who made the past two years bearable. Whether it was financial help, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to bitch to or just someone to laugh with. These people were the reason I made it through without breaking even on those days I thought Id never make it through I did...because of you


Mom and Dad you are to put it simply; AMAZING! I could never ask for anything more in a parent. You two have always been supportive, loving, kind, generous and above all you've been present. When Chris lost his job or should I say jobs you never once made either of us feel like we failed. On those days I called or emailed you crying and frustrated you had a way of calming me down and helping me see through the storm. You made sure to remind us both we were just in a rut and it happens to us all at one point and time. We were strong, smart and capable and we'd get through this. You showed me that asking for help is OK. Its not a sign of weakness and that family is there to do just that...help. I have always admired your marriage. You have weathered storms, had highs and lows yet have gotten through it all; together. That having a spouse is something to not take for granted and to use this hard time to grow as a couple, to lean on one another and remember that at the end of the day we have family, friends, and above all else one another. You are a big part of the reason we are where we are today and for that I am forever grateful. I love you with all my heart and I'm truly blessed to have the two of you to call Mom and Dad.

To my Brother...You have and always will be one of my very best friends. I have always been able to come to you, talk to you, share with you and knew my trust would never be broken. You have heard me cry, shared in my joy and given me words of wisdom. It amazes me sometimes that for your age you can be so insightful. I love the fact that you seem to know just when I need you. You have a busy life but when you know I'm having a high or a low you drop what you re doing and make time for me. I love that when we accomplish something and I call you to share the news you share in our joy as if it was your own. I love that you make it a point to tell your friends you have best sister ever and that over the years Ive proven theres nothing I wouldn't do for you. Most of all I love that you are my brother and no matter where you are in this world no one can take that away from me. I love you Lots :-)



To my BFF Tina...Wow! This year marks our 15th year as best friends. We have been through so much together. There aren't a lot of big moments in my life that don't include you or some memory of you. You always tell me you look up to me, admire me and don't ever want to disappoint me but what I think you don't know is I feel the same way about you. You have been a single mom for almost 12 years, you've gone to school, kept a job, got your own place, grown as a person and given me the most amazing godson a person could ever hope for. I cant really say you've been there for me "more" these past two hard years because in the past 15 you've always been a huge support to me, one of my loudest cheerleaders and you have the ability to ALWAYS be happy for me no matter what may be going on in your life. You don't act jealous or Catty and even if I'm doing something you may not agree with you don't judge me, put me down, call me dumb or say "I told you so" you just accept me for who I am and love me for it all the more. We were meant to Best Friends, you are a part of my heart and I look forward to the next hundred years of being your very best friend. I love you my TT!


My Lils....We have only been friends for 2 years yet we always say it feels like we've known one another for a lifetime. Thank god I have you by my side all day at work. There were so many moments these past two years I just wanted to run out of here screaming and crying because I had so much going on in my personal life dealing with one more thing was going to send me over the edge. You kept me from going up to the 6th floor and jumping (not really but you get what I mean lol) You were never too busy to meet me "in the back bathroom" so I could have a short rant and pull myself together. I cant count the nights you spent with me texting back and forth listing to me as I texted all the things I couldn't bring myself to say out loud and never once did I feel judged by you. There were days when I didn't know how I was going to put gas in my car and you were the one to throw me a $20 without thinking twice or making me feel embarrassed about it. You treated me to sushi and wine, baked me brownies, left me cards and sent me songs all just to cheer me up, keep me smiling and to keep me from stabbing someone or punching them in the throat ;-) (as Daves says I threaten all the time lol) You are a true friend, someone I know will be in my life forever, someone my kids will know as "Aunt Shannon" or "Aunt lils" lol I look forward to our "Oakcrest Days" chasing hott male nurses around in our Jazzys, meeting with the board to get happy hour extended from one a week to a daily 4pm routine! I love you more each and every day.


To my Aunti Di...What else can I say but that we are truly blessed to have you as our Aunt. From the time I was born you have always been a part of every milestone, event and just a huge part of my life. You are selfless, caring, and have a way of putting so many people before yourself and never think twice about doing so. I love that as Ive gotten older you have also become my friend. You make me laugh even when I think all I could do is cry. I love that when you find something you really like or enjoy you want to share that experience with me/us. Over the past few years with all that has gone on you have never said one negative word, you have been uplifting, motivating, helpful and most of all supportive. You share in our ups and downs as if they were your very own. You are such a special person and our lives...mine especially has been enriched by having you as such a intricate part of it. I love you


To everyone else I call my friend...Thank you all for being you. Thank you for supporting me, making me smile and doing the little things you do each day that may seem like nothing to you but are huge to me. I value the people in my life and I cherish their frienships, devotion and ability to turn my day around with just a smile or gesture no matter how big or small. You are the reason I can face each day and whatever that may bring. Chris and I know we are blessed, loved and thought about. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. I know god heard you all becasue they have been answered!!!! Love all of you very much

2 comments:

  1. this one is sweet... i am sorry i was in a hell hole for the past 4 yrs and i am sorry i wasnt the sister i should have been. now i have been dating the most amazing man in the world and would love too be there for u threw thick and thin for now and forever. i love u sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. Im looking forward to rebuilding a relationship with you. It takes time but like they say.... All great achievements require time <3

    ReplyDelete